Wednesday 4 November 2009

Anzumoji free かわいい handwritten font - How to get it (for MAC)




I was looking for Japanese handwritten fonts for my mac, and found  a great free font called Anzumoji at http://www8.plala.or.jp/p_dolce/index.html.

But it took a while  for me to find the actual font, fighting as I did to understand the Japanese!

So I made a little download guide . .. getting the font from the download site and into the font library on your Mac.

1. Go to the site http://www8.plala.or.jp/p_dolce/index.html and click on fonts in the right menu. :-)) (Easy part!)

2. Click on ◆フォントダウンロードページへ◆


3. On the next page click on ◆あんずもじ等幅をダウンロード◆.


This starts your download and apjfont.lzh appears in your download folder. (You can also click the link to the left. .. I dont know what the difference is. )

I had no idea what a lzh file was, so after a quick google I found ZIPEG , a free extractor, and extracted the lzh file. A folder called apjfont appeared on my desktop.




All I had to do now was drag the APJapanesefont.ttf into my fonts library et voila:-)
このフォントはかわいいですね。ありがとう



















5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, this really helping, I`m looking for this font everywhere but I can`t find it, but now I can, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!! ^^ I had problems because the site was in Japanese >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Thank ya ~!! It really helpful. >w<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello~ thank you! Although the site has already changed since you posted this, this still helped alot. Really. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Cheers! https://fonttype.net/

    ReplyDelete